Moving Docments to Ipad via Good Reader and Google Docs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by keith4him, Apr 4, 2010.

1. keith4him macrumors newbie

Just discovered a quick and easy way to put documents on the Ipad.

Downloaded the .99 app Good Reader. Then used Google Docs to search and upload Word Documents.

Opened the Good Reader App which then connected via server to Google Docs and transferred the files.

Simple and Easy to use. Offers the various formats that Documents come in.

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

I'm loving Good Reader myself, for the 99c I paid for it, it's going to be infinitely useful to me-I have all of my school textbooks on it in PDF form.

3. Rpsloan macrumors newbie

Good reader on iPad

I like GoodReader too but would like advice on moving documents from the iPad to the server. Any thoughts?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What do you mean by "server"?

I use FileBrowser to transfer files from iPad to other computers on the same network. Dropbox is another option -- you cam use GoodReader to upload files from the iPad to Dropbox, then Dropbox syncs them to all other computers you have linked to your Dropbox account.

5. Rpsloan macrumors newbie

ipad to server

Dropbox is precisely what I want and I use it now for transfer to the iPad. But I'm not sure how to do the reverse: transfer from GoodReader on the iPad to specific folders within DropBox.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

First, you need to get the file into GoodReader somehow. Once the file is in GoodReader, you tap "Connect to Server" and tap "Add" and one of the preset options is to add Dropbox.

For using with iWork apps, google DropDav.

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Reading this thread reminds me of two things:

1) what an awesome, truly indispensable app Goodreader is

2) how our workflow/file management issues are *almost* solved...and how happy I will be when Apple makes this right!

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Been using GR for a while and although it's possible to do it on GR - it must be done manually. Recently bought PDF Expert for the iPad and it does it automatically (once you set it up). Far better than GR (which I have been using since about 2 weeks after it was released).