Moving down to the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Karpfish, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Hi,
    I have had a mac pro for a little over a year and it has done me well. Despite this, I am considering going mobile again. I used to have a 12" Powerbook, then I sold it and got an iMac. Then I missed having a lappy and got a blackbook. Then sold the iMac and got a Mac Pro. Sold the macbook in August. I have been with just the Mac Pro since then. I am considering selling off the Mac Pro, especially before they get updated(I just hope they don't gt updated at MWSF, which they probably will) and getting a nice 15" MBP. I was jut wondering if anyone else here has done the same or has any thoughts on it. I will be going off to college in a year and a half, so this change would have come eventually anyway. Also, what do you guys think I could get for a Mac Pro with 1.25TB HD space, 4GB RAM, x1900xt,applecare and airport? I'm sure it would be more than the MBP would cost(2.2,200GB 7200RPM HD, 4GB RAM from OWC,comes to about $2400). Thanks for your help!

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I have done the same thing many times myself.........

3. Karpfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Do what is right for you at the moment.....I have now stuck to a macbook for the last few years and never looked back

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

years? lol

6. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Done you quite well? I should bloody well hope so if you're not even in college :eek:

7. gavd macrumors 6502a

You don't mention what sort of things you do with your computer but I'm sure whatever it is, a MBP would be fine.

Given how much you've chopped and changed though, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't again in a few months.

8. Karpfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

I'm a professional photographer so my work is done in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I also do the other normal things like Safari,iTunes and word btu that doesn't really matter. If I switch to this that will be it for me for a while. I am pretty sure that I am going to get the MBP, I'm just waiting until MWSF to see what happens...

9. ivan1234 macrumors regular

10. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Well since you know you want a portable, going MBP makes the most sense coming from a Mac Pro. Hopefully MWSF will bring another CPU bump for us all....

11. gavd macrumors 6502a

I think waiting until then is the sensible thing to do. You could always get an external monitor for the MBP as well for when you're at home if you wanted.

12. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Just wondering if youre running leopard?

13. Karpfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

YEs I am running leopard. I think I will wait until after MWSF, but then I will get a new MBP and sell my Mac Pro. I already have a 20" Dell monitor, so I will keep that and maybe hook the MBP up to it.