Moving everything to iCloud except my iMac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Soundhound, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I use Logic on the iMac and want to wait till its more stable on Lion. But in the meantime it's time to move my smartphone iPad and MacBook over to iCloud. I've disabled MobileMe syncing on the iMac and not usng ical, address book etc on the iMac,so things hopefully won't get confused. But Mail still updates on the iMac even though I unchecked syncing for that on mobile me.

Am I asking for trouble by leaving the iMac on snow leopard for awhile? Or are other people doing this kind of thing?

2. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anybody have any experience/insight here on whether leaving one device on Snow Leopard (that seems to be receiving mail even though mail sync is turned off) is a bad idea when moving everything else to iCloud?

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have moved everything to iCloud and Lion so I do not have your exact experience. Also, not have any problems with iCloud or Lion. I feel they are both stable. Regarding access to MAIL from Leopard. I assume you are using standard IMAP so should not be a problem.

4. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are quite a few issues with Logic and Lion, so I'm waiting till that becomes more stable.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Mail sync and Mail fetching email from a mail server are two different things. WIth the way mail is set up, it's no issue if you access mail from multiple systems, including one running Snow Leopard.

In short, your setup is okay.

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

snow leopard?

Is there a way to use icloud with snow leopard yet? I know the mobilem cutoff is coming, but I have a couple systems on my sync setup that I don't want to update to Lion yet.

7. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

There are some work arounds that have had moderate success. Search the forums here for how to set that up.