Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Probably a basic question this but I'm upgrading to a new Mac and doing a "from scratch" install. How do I transfer all my Firefox settings (bookmarks, add-ins, and remembered passwords etc) into the new Firefox?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Most of the settings are in:

/Users/****/Library/Application Support/Firefox

****= Your User Name

I don't use Firefox but I am pretty sure Passwords are saved in the keychain, so you also need to move your keychains over, be aware, on the new Install the password and user name needs to be exactly the same for this if you copy those files, it will not work if it's different.

Your keychains are in:

/Users/****/Library/Keychains

mikethebook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Thanks. Does that mean i can just replace the Firefox file in Application support with my version?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Thanks. Does that mean i can just replace the Firefox file in Application support with my version?

Yes
But, as I told before, I don't really know 100% sure if passwords are there, if not and they are in the keychains you need to import those as well and it will only work if both User Name and Password are the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.