moving from 10.5.8 to snow leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Micaeus, May 16, 2012.

1. Micaeus macrumors newbie

Hey there, I'm moving from 10.5.8 to snow leopard and I was wondering if it is possible to have both as an option on my start up disc.

I weary as I'm running cubase sx 3.1.1 on osx right now and I don't want any complications with my songs not opening etc... . I've not seen anyone online having issues with cubase sx3.1.1 on snow leopard, however I've ran into all kinds of issues throughout my love affair with cubase on mac systems.

a few more questions:

-will I need to re-install cubase once I switch or will snow leopard recognize it as "compatible" and have it waiting there for me after the install?

-has anyone here run into any issues with cubase sx 3.1.1 on snow leopard?

any help would be great

p.s- I have and use logic, but I'm used to cubase...for those who may post the obvious remarks :)

2. simsaladimbamba

If you want to dual boot between Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, you need to partition your internal HDD via Disk Utility and install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard onto the new partition.
    Doing that will need for you to reinstall all applications or run Setup or Migration Assistant to import your applications.

Links to guides on how to use Disk Utility, the application Mac OS X provides for managing internal and external HDD/SSDs and its formats.

Migration Assistant / Setup Assistant information:

3. Micaeus thread starter macrumors newbie

that's fine, as long as I can go back to osx 10.5.8 and do my work there as I migrate cubase and my vst's over to snow leopard...I'll look into that, thanks