Moving from 24 inch iMac to 21 inch

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ditzy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I have a 24 inch iMac at the moment. I love the form factor, but it's time to update. Unfortunately if I bought the 27 inch iMac a would have to buy new furniture, which I don't really want to do, but will if necessary.
    I am however worried about buying a 21 inch, as even though it will be significantly better spec wise, it will feel like a downgrade because of the screen real estate.
    So what I'd like to know from anyone who has moved from the 24 to the 21 inch iMac, did you miss the extra space?
    Also what do you all think that I should do? Is the 27 inch worth buying new furniture for?

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Six months after getting the new computer you won't be happy because you really wanted the 27". In other words get new furniture it's time for an upgrade there too.

3. ditzy thread starter macrumors 68000

ditzy

My worry isn't six months after, what worries me is the day after, and feeling really disappointed. Every desktop I've had the screen has either stayed the same size or got bigger. It'll be strange to go the other way.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I'd go with the 27"....don't forget your 24" has a different resolution, 1920 x 1200.....all the newer screens are only 1080 vertical pixels. That's a lot of real estate lost....much less the smaller physical size.