Moving from 9.1 Beta to 9.0 on the 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zakarhino, Sep 22, 2015.

1. zakarhino macrumors 6502a

zakarhino

Simple question really and I'm sure there's already a thread/discussion on it. Wondering if anybody has some experience with this.

Anyone else in my position: I'm running iOS 9.1 Beta on my 6 Plus at the moment and my 6s Plus arrives on Friday. At the moment I back up to iCloud and that works completely fine. A few weeks ago I restored my iPhone that was running iOS 9 beta with a backup that was made with the same device/OS version (i.e, wiped the phone and restored from a backup right after). When the 6s arrives, will I be able to set it up from my 6 Plus's backup despite the 6 Plus running a later beta version of iOS?

6 Plus: 9.1 beta
    6s Plus: Final build of 9.0 I assume.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Has anyone ever restored a phone running release software from a beta software backup? Last resort would be to follow these instructions but that will certainly be a pain to do.

EDIT: Found other threads about this so I'll ready up on those. Another possibility would be to upgrade the 6s to the 9.1 beta as soon as I get it but due to battery life concerns I'd much rather stick with 9.0 stable.

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

You need to go down to 9.0 to use that backup.

3. zakarhino thread starter macrumors 6502a

zakarhino

Yeah that was the conclusion. I followed this method and it worked. Pasting here in case anyone else visits this thread: