Moving from Aperture back to iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZebraineZ, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

I transferred my iPhoto stuff into Aperture a while back thinking it would be good but it's been hell ever since then, I use an iPhone and always put my pictures in iPhoto which worked perfectly, but I wanted some extensive editing and whatnot, but at the cost of usability, it isn't worth it.

So far I have videos and photos from my iPhone that went to Aperture, some other videos I took with Cycorder back in the old days lol, some random pictures from a digital camera and I had a smart album set up for Photo Booth which I can't seem to set up right in Aperture.

Importing things into iPhoto and then syncing back to the iPhone used to work perfect and my head hurts when I try to find a way to do the same with Aperture.

So yeah, I want to know how I can just get all my pictures and videos back into iPhoto, I don't care about the adjustments, I just want my data and it's metadata or whatever, so that I can sort everything out myself later on rather than have a clump of files, like how iPhoto sorted my iPhone photos in events, how it didn't do duplicates and stuff and for the smart photobooth album it imported whatever was new, and it put it into it's own event thing too, and like everything else was just a separate event or photos thing or album whatever lol.

2. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump? Don't be lazy people. If you bothered to click this thread at least bother to reply.

3. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I need an answer to this as well. Aperture is too slow for my Macbook Air.

4. gyorpb macrumors member

Okay.

.tsooJ

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

As quoted in Forum Rules : "Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent."

The majority of Forum members are very helpful and don't need to be reminded to reply. If they have something worth saying, they will do so.