Moving from iPad 2 to Pro 9.7 - setup advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ttusomeone, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ttusomeone macrumors member

ttusomeone

I placed my pre-order this morning for the 9.7 Pro. I'm upgrading from an iPad 2. My iPad 2 is running iOS 9 (the dot release prior to this latest one). When setting up the new iPad, should I restore from a current backup of my iPad 2 or not when given the prompt during the setup process?

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

This is 100% personal choice. Personally I chose to start over - I've only installed things as I needed them, and organised everything nicely into folders as I went which worked very well.

3. ttusomeone thread starter macrumors member

ttusomeone

Thanks - I'll likely go with the start over route. I remember hearing in the past that people had issues when doing the restore from older devices, but I also think that was when they were going from one OS version to another. To be safe, I'll likely just start over anyway.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i updated to a pro 12 inch from ipad2. i restored all from backup as i wanted the same setup. i've had zero issues, all is as i wanted :)

5. Kurri macrumors 6502

I have always done restore just to have everything on it without taking the time to re-install what I need. Easier to delete things I dont want on the pad then taking the time to install. Works great