Carrier Moving from iPhone 4s to iPhone 7 Plus (sorta)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmie Geddes, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Jimmie Geddes, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016

Jimmie Geddes macrumors regular

I currently have a Verizon iPhone 6s Plus and wanted to save my upgrade for next year's model. My father has a Verizon iPhone 4s and I just used his upgrade to get an iPhone 7 Plus (purchased on his account and I'm giving him my 6s Plus). I wanted to ask the experts since he's coming from an iPhone 4s micro SIM but will need to use the SIM that comes with the 7 Plus in order to use my 6s Plus, what's the best way to go about making it seamless so he has his contacts, mail, limited amount of apps. no music, etc. on the 6s Plus? Any information would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug the 4s to iTunes and do a backup.
    Then plug in the new phone and select restore from backup.
    Everything will transfer over.
    He will need a new nano SIM card from your carrier to take advantage of all the added carrier features on the new device.

3. Jimmie Geddes, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016

Jimmie Geddes thread starter macrumors regular

Can I get that at a Verizon store? I thought I would be able to use the SIM from the iPhone 7 Plus in what will become his 6s Plus.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you will have to go to a verizon store for a sim.
    You might be able to use the iphone 7 plus sim with his number and just put it in the 6S plus.
    But double check with your carrier if anything needs to be done on their end if that's editing something on their end or anything else.

5. Jimmie Geddes thread starter macrumors regular

6. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

This is off topic about your question. But why does everyone wait til next year to get the newest iPhone, when Verizon offers the iPhone every year program. Where you trade it the year old iPhone in for a new one. That's what I did with my galaxy s7 I traded it in for the iPhone 7. As long as half is paid off you can trade it in.