Moving from Iphone 5 to Sony xperia z1

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by gaiao, May 28, 2014.

1. gaiao macrumors newbie

Hello guys. I have had my iphone 5 for about 9 months, and I finally got tired of it. I started to miss having a big screen (I was on a galaxy s3 before), some advantages that android has, like being able to access a file system, and now I really want a waterproof phone.

So I have been thinking about getting a Sony Xperia z1. I know that the z2 is already out, but its pretty expensive here where I live. So I'd like to know everyones opinion on the z1.

The other choice would be the galaxy s5, although I would pay a little more.
    But I would rather not go back to samsung due to the problems I had with the s3 (lag, camera bug, etc).

Thanks in advance.

2. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

The Xperia line are great phones! Do report back and let us know how it is going. Take some pics with that camera!

3. vhl71 macrumors regular

I've switched to Z1 from iPhone as well a while ago - been a iPhone user for 5 years before that. It was a great phone - a month ago, i;ve switched to the new blackberry Z30 and loving it!!
    Its by far the best productive phone i've had so far..

But you'll love the z1 especially the camera and the look of it!!

4. gaiao thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!!! I'm trying to sell my iPhone now. Can't wait to get my hands on the xperia z1.

I will post my thoughts on the phone once I have it!