Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Morb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Norfolk
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying my partner a Macbook for Christmas (she loves my iMac). She already has an iPhone and a large music library, etc. all installed and syncing from iTunes on her Windows Laptop.
Will it just be a case of plugging the iPhone into the new Macbook and letting iTunes sync from the iPhone itself or is there more to it than that?
Thanks in advance.
Mark

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
Just export the iTunes library on your Pc to an external hard drive along with any playlists that your wife may of made, then import all of these to the Mac

When you attach the iPhone it will probably say that the music is linked to a different library (diff computer) and the music will need wiping off the iPhone (Music on the phone will show grayed out). This will not remove the contacts, calenders and notes as long as you tell iTunes this (via the tabs along the top of the iPhone device summary)

You will however have to put the music back on but if she is doing this by a playlist then you'll have these from the PC on your external hard drive.

Its not diff to do :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.