Moving from S0 to S4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Chooch81, May 27, 2019.

1. Chooch81 macrumors newbie

the screen popped of my nearly day 1 watch on Thursday evening there. Apple wanted £75 to replace so instead I’ve decided to upgrade to the S4.

The S0 had become so slow and cumbersome, to do anything, other than notifications and timers, was a waste of time.

So what have I missed out on over the years? Any apps I should be getting? Am I going to be blown away with the speed difference?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Yes you 1000% will be blown away. This is not even night and day difference.

With that being said, you can check your watch app and see how many apps on your iPhone have dedicated watch app. Download it to your watch and try them out.

For me, the app that can do something quickly on a watch is a good app. I just could not find too many of those. TripView is one of them but only works for people in Sydney and Melbourne.

3. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

I went from a series 0 to 4 and agree with Shirasaki; you will be blown away with the speed difference.
    Also, don’t forget you will also be able to finally update from Watch OS4 to OS 5. That on it’s own will give you greater benefits ~ ECG to name but one.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Series 4 next major step is 64 bit architecture dual core processor, which means longer updates with support. Also, the water resistance has been upgraded to 50 m and the display is at 1000 nits from 450 compared to your first GEN Apple Watch.

5. parseckadet macrumors 65816

parseckadet

I upgraded from a series 0 also, and you won't regret it. Besides the obvious advantages, like ECG, water resistance, bigger screen, etc., there are some improvements that those who upgraded sooner may not realize. The screen is brighter, but I find that most of the time I'm fine with the lowest brightness setting. The speaker is louder, but again I find that I'm fine with the sound set pretty low. Also, I feel like the taptic engine is stronger than it was in the series 0. I used to always have to have prominent haptics on if I wanted to ever notice the taps, and now I don't. These changes are especially nice, because being able to turn down all of those settings means even more battery savings.

Speed improvements are huge. I no longer have to wait a minute or more when I try to start a workout. But as for apps, I use very few third party ones. Developers seem to have a hard time understanding what makes a good watch app, or they just don't care and don't spend the time required to create a good one. Not sure how that gets fixed to be honest.

6. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

I went from a S3 and the screen size difference was dramatic to me.

7. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...ditto on all the above comments - I also switched from my S0 to S4 last year - night and day!
    :cool: