Moving from Windows XP to Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by maglite, Jan 30, 2008.

1. maglite macrumors newbie

I've just purchased my first Mac Pro and am really looking fwd to it arrive in February.

I've been using Windows XP Pro up until now and just wondered if there are any publications/sites that will advise me of the best way to setup and configure Leopard.

E.g. under Windows XP I've always had an Admin account and my personal account (with Admin rights). That way if anything gets hashed up in my account I can always go back to Admin to try and resolve things etc.

Does it work the same way with Leopard?

thanks

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Apple has recently posted some videos on switching to the Mac, but most people find it pretty easy without any guide. MacRumors has some great beginners guides.

You can separate an Admin and Personal account, but personally I use the Admin account :)

3. Naim135 macrumors member

May I be the first t say Welcome to Planet Mac!

:) Moving from Windows to OSX may seem dunting at first but its a one way street theres no going back, purely bacause you wont want to!!, Of course you can easliy put a windows partition on there but unless you need to support any windows installs or run any windows native apps it wont be long before its just gathering dust.

One more thing from now on viruses belong back in the medical profession:D

Regards

Naim135