Moving .gifs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RaMaz, May 15, 2007.

1. RaMaz macrumors regular

RaMaz

is there anyway to see .gifs moving in OS X's Preview?

Thxs. :apple:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

For some odd reason, Apple removed this functionality and you can only see the individual frames. Open the image in Safari or another browser to see the animation.

3. RaMaz thread starter macrumors regular

RaMaz

cool, thxs i wonder why they took that feature out...? (maybe the world will never know :eek: )

4. murfle macrumors regular

Seriously? Aw man... I'm still waiting for my first mac to show up, but I have a big collection of animated gifs for avatars and whatnot, yet now I can't 'preview' them...

Does iPhoto animate them? I was hoping to have them in a library and tag them all with the shows and whatnot they are from... I might have to see if there's any other library system for that... I'm going to be using Aperture or Lightroom strictly for my digital photography, so that option is out, even if they do animate...

Any other options you know of?

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

As said above, just drag the files onto your favorite Web browser and you can see them. QuickTime Player also works, if you want something that takes up less screen space.

6. murfle macrumors regular

Guess you didn't read my full post...

My question wasn't about viewing one at a time. I realize I can use iPhoto to catalog them and use another app to display them. Guess I'll find out if iPhoto animates gifs when my Mac arrives.

7. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

GraphicConverter will play them as well, and is useful if you want to edit them at the same time.

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yes, I did. Apparently you didn't understand what you wrote. You ruled out several applications and then asked "Any other options you know of?" QuickTime Player is one of the other options. I'm very sorry that you aren't satisfied with the answer, perhaps in the future you can work harder to phrase your questions adequately.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Alternatively, I use Xee. Nice little app for viewing images, I'd recommend it. :)

10. murfle macrumors regular

I appreciate the other suggestion, and sorry I didn't make that apparent (apparently something else I'm bad at communicating ;))...

I did rule out aperture and lightroom, but not iPhoto. I asked if the animations play in that, I didn't rule it out, and no one has answered. I think that was worded adequately enough...

11. RaMaz thread starter macrumors regular

RaMaz