Moving Icons around on the main iPod Touch Screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny-AUS, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Johnny-AUS macrumors newbie

Hey guys a quick question. With all the icons in the way on the main background page I find it's difficult to get a cool background that can be seen. Anyway my question is: is there a way to move the icons around? Like as opposed to the main page having four (4) icons per row, is there a way to move some of those icons to the side of the screen, etc. so that we can see the wallpaper/background picture in the middle more?

I hope this makes sense....

I'm not too familiar with these kind of things but I though that maybe there is a hack for it or something because I would really like to see my background & have the icons around the sides (border), etc.

2. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

The only option that I know of, and that I can suggest, is to install summerboard.app from installer.app. Then turn on the "Skip Last Row" option so you only have a 3X4 application layout per page. Otherwise I guess you could make dummy applications with no icons, put them on you're touch, rearrange the springboard .plist and do it like that. Could work I guess.

:apple:Matt

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

download the customize ipod versions, link is in another thread. would upload but file is like 20kb to big

4. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

Hmm, but will that be able to clear up icon spaces, like the OP is asking? I thought customize only enables themes like backgrounds and icons.

:apple:Matt