Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N4CQD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Whenever I sync my iPhone 3Gs to my iMac, the photos on my iPhone never transfer to the iMac. Any suggestions as to how I can configure so that the pics move over? Thanks.

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
Whenever I sync my iPhone 3Gs to my iMac, the photos on my iPhone never transfer to the iMac. Any suggestions as to how I can configure so that the pics move over? Thanks.

Connect your iPhone to your iMac and then open iPhoto. You should see the phone connected together with the photos you have taken. You can then import them.

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Another option is to open Image Capture (should be in Applications) when your iPhone is connected and it will let you transfer the photos/videos to whatever folder you want.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Another option is to open Image Capture (should be in Applications) when your iPhone is connected and it will let you transfer the photos/videos to whatever folder you want.

+1

Image Capture is so much faster, simpler, and more lightweight than iPhoto.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Another Image Capture user here. In addition to being able to choose which folder the pictures go into, it also keeps them from being "stuck" inside the iPhoto library - they're regular jpegs that you can open, edit, etc. with any application.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Another Image Capture user here. In addition to being able to choose which folder the pictures go into, it also keeps them from being "stuck" inside the iPhoto library - they're regular jpegs that you can open, edit, etc. with any application.

I can do that with the JPEGs in iPhoto too.

If you don't want to use iPhoto, that's fine. But the reason you gave isn't a real reason. There's nothing "trapping" the photos in there. I edit my iPhoto pictures with Photoshop all the time and save them right back into iPhoto, exactly where they came from.

I can also drag them to the desktop if I want or send them directly to e-mail or Flickr. Nothing's forcing you to stick inside iPhoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.