Moving iPhone sync from old PC to new MBP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kashika, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Kashika macrumors regular

Hi,

I just got my new MBP today and I want to sync my iPhone to it without losing all of my data (texts, etc). Is that possible by copying my itunes backups and just restoring from backup on my MBP (after moving the backup folder there)

Or is there another way I need to do this? Help would be appreciated, since I don't want to lose my data.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just backup the phone to the new MBP before you sync. You'll need to copy your music, etc. from the old computer to sync that stuff (or you need to use software to get it off your phone to the MBP). This copying needs to be done before you sync.

3. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

If you have your iTunes library set up on your PC to copy all your music etc into the iTunes library. You can just copy the iTunes library from your music folder on your PC and replace the iTunes folder on your mac with the one from your PC. That way all your music will be on your new mac, all your playcounts, playlists etc and your iPhone recognizes it as the same iTunes library. I have done this one three computers and able to sync if needed with all three.

If you do not have this done on your PC I can get you the steps to consolidate your library to one place etc. and then just copy the iTunes folder to your new Mac.