Moving iPhone to company plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Apr 11, 2011.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

My company asked me to turn in my blackberry and switch to an iPhone... Yay! Except I already have a personal iPhone, so asked them not to carry 2 of them around, they offered to switch my number and phone to their account (and they will release it back to me if I leave).

According to our plan administrator, she said:

"Your contract length and upgrade eligibility move with you number. Whatever your standing is on your personal account will be the same when it moves to the company account. Whatever old plans that you have on your personal account will move with your number also. They would only change if the line were to cancel."

For those who have moved their phone from one account to another, has this been your experience? I mainly want to make sure the unlimited data plan stays with the phone. :)

2. josh.ct.wang macrumors newbie

Hmm... I'm actually facing the same situation recently.

At least at my company, everything is moved to central billing,with each plan the exact same(amount of minutes, texts, an no data plan unless approved). I don't see how you could possibly keep your unlimited data once you move on to your corporate account... at least in my company.

I'm thinking of keeping my personal phone just for the unlimited data plan.

3. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

i like company plans.

my main job is on verizon and i switched briefly to a droid to save $ on the monthly.

i switched back to an iphone and moved to a 15% disco on service through my second job.

worth it.

4. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I switched from a personal plan with unlimited data to a company plan with unlimited data. I had to call an admin who flipped a switch to give me unlimited data. It was not a big deal.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

You could always forward your number to your work iphone if you didnt mind getting another iphone

6. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very true, but would kind of be a waste to give AT&T double the revenue for only using one phone. My company doesn't have a problem with us using our company phones for personal use as long as we stay under our plan minutes, so I'd be saving myself $90+ a month by switching the phone over. Last month I used 400 minutes, 30 of which were personal and 370 of which were business (mostly conference calls). ;) My main concern is if/when I ever decide to leave, I don't want to loose my data plan, and as I understand it as long as the company doesn't change my data plan when I switch over to their account, I will be able to keep it, it goes with the line, not with the account... But I would love to hear confirmed reports from others who have done so.

7. josh.ct.wang macrumors newbie

Do you know what happens if you ever decide to switch back to a personal plan? Do you still get to keep your unlimited data? If so....AWESOME!:)

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Wouldn't it be easier to separate company from personal?

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I personally would like to keep the two separate as usually, there are stipulations that come with having a company phone