Moving iTunes Between Users on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PadRah, Jun 29, 2012.

1. PadRah macrumors newbie

I recently bought a MacBook Pro, and the only thing I really wanted to transfer from my home computer onto the laptop was my iTunes. Using Migration Assistant, I moved all of my music onto the laptop. However, this created a new user on my laptop, and all the music is under the iTunes of this user, with the name and password of my home computer.

I would like to transfer all this music onto my iTunes on the user I have created for my new MacBook, but I can't quite figure out how to get all the music from the unwanted new user it created to my new user account. If anyone has any tips on how to do this, that would be great!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Move your music to the Shared user on your MBP. That way it's available to any user of the Mac.

3. PadRah thread starter macrumors newbie

Could someone give me a pretty direct way of moving iTunes to Shared and then to the other user? Sorry, I am awful at computer stuff. When I tried dragging my iTunes from Shared onto my other user (whose iTunes is blank), only the Apps were successfully copied, and I got a message saying I don't have permission to use the other files. Any advice?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Apple has a support article on this, you should find all the information you require within.