Moving iTunes from external hard drive to macbook not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Masters512, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Masters512 macrumors member

Masters512

My iTunes library got too big so I moved it to my external hard drive and now that i have space for it on my macbook, I want to move it back but cant. It keeps stopping saying that it cant move certain files then it stops the transferring process altogether. I've tried moving it several times but it keeps failing on me. Anyone have an idea as to why it keeps stopping the transfer on me? :(

2. thrasher2809 macrumors newbie

I had this problem once, and the only thing I could do to stop it from getting out of hand was copying the files onto iTunes, but only a couple hundred at a time. Granted, I've got 40K songs, and I don't know if you've got more, but when I tried to put them all on at once, after maybe thirty seconds it would quit out of nowhere. When I dragged them on piece by piece, it worked fine. This means, of course, that you're gonna be stuck by the computer for a while, so, yea.

Hope that helps.

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Have you tried repairing permissions on the external drive where your library is located. utilities>disk utility>repair

that might help you out. Otherwise try reimporting your library but making your library home folder where you wan it on your mb drive. ~music