moving itunes library.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chadup, Jul 2, 2009.

1. chadup macrumors newbie

first off, i've searched.

so i downloaded my music off a program in which i'm sure you are all familiar with (hint: citrus fruit wire), and itunes located my files in the shared folder of that program. recently, i've switched to another program and i also download torrents. this means that my music is coming from different sources, from two programs shared folder and from my folder where i save my torrents. i intended to move all these files into one folder but as soon as i moved them, they became unplayable in itunes with the exclamation mark.
    i've searched on how to relocate the library and i've followed the steps. thing is, when i come to the part where i need to consolidate the music, there is no option to do so in the advance tab. what did i do wrong here?

basically, is there a way to have all my music in itunes come from one source or one folder?

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

in itunes/preferences/advanced you should tick keep my music organised, and keep my music in the same folder. This should copy everything. I would personally suggest deleting the files from the library and starting again, dont move to trash, just delete, and that should help you keep it organised :)

PTP