Moving movies to iPad from different machine

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brn2rnjk1, Dec 16, 2015.

1. brn2rnjk1 macrumors regular

I use my MacAir as my iPad backup and sync device. There are some rather large videos I would like to put on my iPad that are not on my Air. The Air is running out of space. I know I can get a USB stick for the Air, but since the videos are already on another machine I was wondering if I could transfer them to the iPad directly and not have them sync back to the Air when I connect the 2 together.

Thanks.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can't do this with iTunes and stock video app, but there are many media player apps where you can transfer videos from computer to iPad over wifi network.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

...and via Lightening cable.

4. brn2rnjk1 thread starter macrumors regular

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Any movie apps would do. Some are better than others in features, e.g., what file format it accepts. But they will all let you drop files under the app page in iTunes. Search the App Store and try out which one you like best. My favourite is infuse.

6. kevroc macrumors 6502

I think nplayer is the best. I like it because it has "scrub" controls. For instance, you can swipe up/down on the screen for volume, brightness without having to use the built-in controls, very handy.

There's a little wifi symbol on the app, when you tap it you can set it in "receive" mode so that you can upload to it wirelessly from any computer on the same wifi network, it'll give you an ip address and you just navigate to that ip on the browser of the source machine and "upload" it.