Moving music from my old iPod photo

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Zolo2016, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Zolo2016 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have about 5,000 songs that I would like to move to a newer device. When I plugged my old iPod to my computer, iTunes would not recognize it and the iPod itself kept on shutting off and on while I had it plugged into my computer. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can retrieve all of my music?

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

What happened to the iTunes library that you used to load your music onto your iPod?

You might try an app like senuti.

3. Zolo2016 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, I got that iPod in 2006. I don't remember what my old account was and I'm on my 3 computer since the one I've had when I used that it.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If the iPod won't connect to the computer then u have a problem. Normally u would use a 3rd party app like Detune and copy your songs to the computer.

5. Zolo2016 thread starter macrumors newbie

image.jpeg
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2016 ---
    I'll try that software program, iTunes wants to reformat my entire iPod which I don't want...

6. AronDraws macrumors regular

AronDraws

If you don't have any luck with that program, see if you can borrow a friend's mac to try.

7. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

And if you're transferring that many songs off the iPod, I suggest finding a Mac with FireWire and using that cable, not the USB cable, to transfer.