Moving my itunes library including all artwork from my pc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by testeng1966, Aug 29, 2010.

1. testeng1966 macrumors member

I recently got a Macbook Pro.
    I spent alot of time working on my itunes library including adding artwork to music.
    How can i copy my entire library over?
    Not sure where to post this
    So any help will be cool

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha welcome to the family, i am not 1005 sure on all of this being i figured i would just start with mac 4 years ago =D haha but hers my methods

1 get and external hard drive and transfer your library over.

2 open itunes and go to file and elect "add to library" then select the file on the external hard drive

3 continue this process or what you want into your "libraries"

as for word documents and such just a simple click and drag will do, there is always migration assistance but i am not sure how that all works from pc to mac.

and you can go to http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/ that should also help you out some =D

and welcome to the rest of your electronics life =D

3. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

well what i did was get an external harddrive for my mini set it up as a share then from my windows machine i copied the entire drive thru my network to the external on the mini then i went to itunes and told it to export my libary also to my shared drive it will take some time to copy if u have a lot of music or video's then when it was done i told my mac's itunes to use that drive the imported the libary from the file windows itunes made and it set up like i had it on my windows box