Moving Office 2008 from one mac to another

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyouya, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Kyouya macrumors member

Hello everyone;

I've purchased Office 2008 student&teachers edition a while ago. It has 3 license keys.

I used one for my macbook pro, other for my mothers comp. I've recently purchased a new macbook pro but I've lost my discs(it has got to be somewhere in the house, ugh) along with Serial keys.

Is there any way I can transfer office 2008 from my old macbook pro to new one? Would copying them directly work?

Thanks in advance.

2. Palladium macrumors member

Hi,

I've used Migration Assistant a couple of times to move all my stuff from one Mac to another and the applications, including those that required registration, have always continued to work.

3. Subtract macrumors newbie

On a similar subject i have a problem moving one copy of office to another Mac which is driving me mad!

I installed one copy on a MB and now installed the same copy onto MBP whilst deleting the old copy off the previous computer.

Fine until i try installing a new bought copy onto the MB and the old product key is still coming up and its not asking me to punch in the new product key, this is now causing loads of problems as I cant use any of the applications on a network as they are talking to each other and wont let both work

Any ideas? how can i completely uninstall the product key or stop it talking on a network??

4. Subtract macrumors newbie

So anyone any ideas? or even to totally take a copy of office off as the Product ID is still on the mac whenever i try installing the new copy