Moving over apps betwenn iPad 1 and iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MartyXB, Mar 10, 2012.

1. MartyXB macrumors member

Will I have an issue moving over my paid apps between my iPad 1 and my iPad 3? I don't mean the raw apps that will sync via iTunes, I mean some of the in-app purchases, and upgrades that I did, like the one year traffic option that I purchased from TomTom, Telenav etc...

2. Hockey Gym macrumors newbie

Just make sure you sync up your iPad 1 before you sync your iPad 3, you will be given the option to "restore from iPad 1 backup" and all of your data should be there.

3. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

If you've been letting iCloud do daily backups it will get everything onto the new device just as it was on the old one without even getting your computer involved. I used that when I got a newer iPnone. It worked quite nicely.

4. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

I wouldn't rely too much on iCloud the day the iPad comes out. Their servers are going to get hammered.

5. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

I have restored my iPad and as new and when I selected the in-app purchases and entered my password, a dialog box comes up saying that I already purchased it and click ok to download it again. The purchases are tied to your Apple ID so as long as you use the same Apple ID, you should be fine. I don't recall ever re-purchasing any apps or in-app purchases (on the sam platform).

6. MartyXB thread starter macrumors member

I will probably have to deal with TomTom and Apple about it. I remember when I added the traffic option on my iPad and then tried to add that option to my iPhone, both tied to the same Apple ID, it would not let me saying that I already purchased it. However on my iPhone the traffic subscription expiration date showed only the 30 day trial expiration date, not the one year. I don't remember how I got it resolved, but I had to deal with both companies, and yes, I had to pay for it twice.