Moving photos from 5S to 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liquinn, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

How do I move my photos (2 albums) from my 5S to my 6S? The iPhone 5S is running iOs 7 and the 6s is running 9 if that helps. What is the ways to do it with and without iTunes? Thank you.

2. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Instructions please?

4. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Make sure AirDrop is activated on both devices. Slide up your controll center and allow AirDrop for all contacts. Then go to your photos, select photos you want to share and you should get option to send them through AirDrop to your other iOS devices.

As for iCloud Photo stream, it automatically uploads all your photos to cloud and then downloads them to all your iOS devices using the same Apple ID. But I believe you need iOS 8 at minimum to be able to use this feature. So you would have to upgrade your iPhone 5S software.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Are you upgrading your phone and just got the 6S?

If so then I strongly suggest you do an entire phone backup of the 5S (either to iCloud or iTunes on a computer) and then restore the 6S using the backup. That will transfer everything, including the photos.

If that's not what you're doing, though, and you JUST want to move photos and not everything else then it's more difficult. Probably iCloud photos is the easiest but it will likely require you to pay for a larger iCloud plan depending on how many photos you have.

The restore option is definitely best unless there's a reason you don't want to do that. Then it will have to be one of these other plans.

6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmmmmmm... how would I transfer my photos (that was on my 5s) but are now on my Macbook Air onto my 6S Plus? I've synced one photo album onto the 5S but when I try to sync the other via iTunes it delete the previous ones... any ideas? I guess I'll have to transfer the photos I put from my 5S onto my Macbook to the iPhone 6S.
    How would I transfer photos from my Macbook Air to my 6S Plus without iTunes?

7. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

If your MacBook is running OS X Yosemite or El Capitan you should be able to put your photos in Photos app and enable iCloud photostream on both your MacBook and iPhone 6S. That way you would automatically receive your whole photo library from your Mac.

8. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hm. How do I transfer photos from my Air to my 6S Plus? Since it's impossible to transfer photos from my 5S directly to the 6S. Thanks.

9. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmmmmm.... the Air is running the latest. There's two photo albums though?

10. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

What about the previous photos I've transferred?

11. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Is there a third party OS X program to move the photos from the Air to the 6S?

12. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Don't make it so difficult. Just put the photos you want to transfer in the stock Photos app in OS X. Then enable iCloud photo stream on both devices and you're done.

It may take a while till the photos show up in iPhone since it's downloading them through iCloud. But they will appear in some minutes. This is by far the easiest way to do it.

13. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I thought iCloud photo stream only works for 1000 photos?

14. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Just... Wow...

I just checked your post history. I won't even bother anymore.

15. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You shouldn't. Steer clear of his threads.

16. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Thanks. :)