Moving photos from Ipad TO my mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by riveter61, Dec 30, 2011.

1. riveter61 macrumors newbie

I had a computer guy here last week we spent an hour trying to sync photos, and video "from" my ipad "to" my mac...no luck. I thought this was supposed to be simple, hence why I bought the pad, and so did he $80 dollars later. So what am I missing, itunes won't sync my movies from Imovie either. Its gotta be something simple?

2. riveter61 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes we used itunes, it does not import from I movie into itunes, nor will the photos on ipad sync to itunes on my mac. I can put photos /video from my mac into the ipad but not the other way which is what I have been trying to do.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How about trying Image Capture? It should be in the Applications folder.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Your iPad will appear as a device in iPhoto, just like a camera or SD card would if you were attempting to transfer photos from those sources. You can then click on the iPad icon IN IPHOTO to view its contents. You can then choose which photos you want to import (just by highlighting) and then click the Import button. It's exactly the same process you'd use with a camera or iPhone.

5. riveter61 thread starter macrumors newbie

poloponies....thank you, that definitely worked for the photos its downloading now...I'll have to get back to you on if my video saves too.
    Cheers