Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
How do i move my photos from iPhoto to external HDD so that they can be opened in PC? Do i just copy library?

PC = Windows?
If that is the case, you need to export the photos you want to view on the Windows computer via drag and drop, meaning you drag the photos (or the event or album you created) from iPhoto to a Finder window.
The iPhoto Library file is not that easy to read, as it is just a package with lots of folder and folders.

whynot83706

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
PC = Windows?
If that is the case, you need to export the photos you want to view on the Windows computer via drag and drop, meaning you drag the photos (or the event or album you created) from iPhoto to a Finder window.
The iPhoto Library file is not that easy to read, as it is just a package with lots of folder and folders.

Yes, PC = Windows, ok, so I would select all the Events and drag it to my external HDD.....great thanks....I will try is shortly....lets see how long is going to take for +23K photos.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.