Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
My wife just got an iPhone 4S. I want to turn photo streaming on and send the photos to her iPhoto. I keep all the family photos in my iPhoto library and share it out. My wife can then use my photos as she wants by copying them to her iPhoto.

I want her to be able to sort through her photos on photo stream and then I want to move the ones she wants to keep into my iPhoto library.

Is the best way to do that simply share her library and copy them every so often?

Other suggestions?

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
When I used to use iPhoto I had multiple libraries. A good method might be to go to your library, right-click and select 'show package contents'. Select the 'Auto Import' folder and option-command drag an alias of this to a new location (or the sidebar of your finder window for super-quick access).

Now any photos you drag or export from iPhoto (or Mail, etc) to this folder will automatically be added to that iPhoto library next time you switch to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.