Moving projects from Cubase SX3 to Logic Studio 8?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by petersays, Nov 28, 2007.

1. petersays macrumors member

Hi, ive been a PC user for long but recieved my macbook a cpl of days ago, and this weekend im gonna start the incredible work load of converting my Cubase SX3 projects into Logic.

Since Cubase suck there is no easy way to "consolidate all tracks...", to mix down each channel to a separate track automatically. I will have to do it manually. Track by track. 50+ projects, maybe 15-20 channels in each. Anyway, that was not a question, but this is.

1. Is there any easy way to copy midi tracks from Cubase to Logic? Just the information that tells the chosen instrument how to play. Not any instrument setting, just the track information. I hope you get what im after. Maybe i should rephrase, Is there any way to copy MIDI information from Cubase to Logic?

Even tho i will mix down the miditracks aswell i want to save the information in case i want to try playing it with one of Logics synthesizers instead of the instrument i used in Cubase.

If you have any other tips you're more than welcome, believe me :D

Cheeeeeers.

2. polydigm macrumors newbie

Let me say right away that I can't help - yet. I've just got myself a copy of the latest Logic Studio and I've been working with Cubase for many years. I'm up to SX 3 and was considering upgrading to v5 but after investigating Logic Studio's latest incarnation, including Logic Pro 9, it seemed to be the better deal. I could be wrong, that even though Steinberg is trying make Cubase look as feature rich as Logic they are still keeping a lot of their Halion stuff as separate purchases. I didn't want to let the prospect of learning a whole new package and having the hassle of transferring all my work in bits and pieces put me off making the change. It seems to me the fact that Logic is a native Apple product swings the balance for me, even if all else was equal.

Anyway, petersays, you've been waiting since Nov 2007 for an answer to this, have you discovered anything in the meantime? As I go along, if I pick anything up, I'll come and post it here.