Moving Publisher files to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elmicky, Jan 4, 2011.

1. elmicky macrumors newbie

For several years I have published a newsletter for the local Lions Club using Publisher. I currently have a partitioned hard drive with my Publisher and newsletter files on the Windows side of my MacBook Pro. I constantly run into frustrating problems trying to move photos, save files and print across platforms.
    Is there a Mac program that would read my Publisher files so that I could work with my same template on the Mac side? Will Mac Office 2011 recognize Publisher files produced on the Windows side?

2. ActionableMango, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011

ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

No, Office 2011 does not include Publisher.

The page layout programs I am aware of for both Windows and Mac are Scribus, Quark, and Adobe Pagemaker. Last I checked, Pagemaker can also open Publisher files. Scribus is free open source software.

3. artgallegos, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011

artgallegos macrumors newbie

Pagemaker

orale mango. What it is? I just received a an imac as a gift. I have a trial of iworks and am using pages 09. It is not a bad program but it has to learn to stuff that it seems is impossible. Is there such a thing as pagemaker for my imac? Thanks

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

While PageMaker does exist for Mac, its not exactly that useful if you have a Mac made in the last 5 years, since PageMaker 7.0 for Mac (The last version) only runs under Mac OS 9 - no Mac OS X version was ever made. And Mac OS 9 applications can only be run on PowerPC based Macs (Last one sold about 5 years ago).

5. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Publisher is the worst. If you need them, run a VM of Windows.