Moving rating from one song to another

Discussion in 'iPod' started by X-Morgan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. X-Morgan macrumors member

Hey everyone, here's what I'm basically trying to do:

I have my iTunes library all in 128kb/s AAC and I've rated all 1161 songs on them (Took quite a while too) it's all good for my 4G 20GB iPod, but.....the very faithful iPod is now dying on me now.

On Thursday I'm going to get an 80GB iPod classic and the extra space will do wonders for me, so I now want to re-rip all of my music in Apple Loseless Encoder for the best sound quality. The problem is that I can't be arsed rating all my music again. Does anyone know how to transfer over my rating over to the new songs?

Anyone who knows the answer will feel the gratitude of saving me many hours of clicking little stars.

Cheers,

Chris

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well if you're going to be replacing the 128AAC tracks completely, as in trashing them, when you go to rip a cd it'll ask you if you want to replace the existing track(s) providing the info is the same. and so if you replace it the old file gets ditched and the new file takes on the info.

be sure to try this first though as i haven't done it in a long time. but i wouldn't bother putting Apple Lossless tracks on an iPod. it'll put a bit more strain on the drive since it won't be able to hold as much in the ram since they're bigger files and you won't be able to tell the difference since you'll be on the go and all that.