iPad Moving Real Racing 3 data from iphone 4s to ipad air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RhysN1ch, Dec 16, 2013.

1. RhysN1ch macrumors newbie

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me.

I just bought an ipad air for my son, and have tried to move the Real Racing game to the ipad from the phone.

Successfully installed the app, but none of the game data moved (most importantly car purchases / garage).

Went to Firemonkeys website, completed a help request, got a response saying it'll be up to 2 weeks before i hear back - no good as the ipad is for xmas.

So, I followed an article on their site which directed me to "settings" and instructed me to save to cloud. I did this on the phone, then went to the ipad hoping to see a "download from the cloud" button activated (as it was greyed out) but nothing changed.

So I'm stuck - anyone know the solution? I read something about some software called Diskaid but am worried I'll be getting in way too deep!

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

When doing "cloud saves", I have not seen a "download" option in other games. It usually just shows up. Are you logging in with the same Apple ID in both devices?

3. RhysN1ch thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, logging in with same apple id

It doesn't actually say "download" - I just looked at it again and it has 2 options:

Upload to Cloud

Load from Cloud

It's the "Load from Cloud" option that is not functional on the ipad but is on the phone

4. Haaker macrumors newbie

This game, despite its other flaws (specifically money grubbing on EA's part), is one of the easiest to transfer information among devices.

You just choose the cloud save option in the receiving device (iPad Air in your case) but instead of choosing "Upload To Cloud" on the iPad, you choose "Load From Cloud."

Nothing is grayed out on mine - the Upload and Load buttons are both orange on my iPad. If that's not true for you, I can't help you.

5. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Or else use iexplore and copy the *.db file from one device to another

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That is strange. It means that it doesn't see anything in the cloud. It could be that the cloud is not working in the iPad. I had that happen to mine, and it was a work policy that disable the Cloud. Since it was my device I restored and it worked, but I can't connect to the work network anymore.

Check other cloud enabled apps, see if they work. Check your cloud settings on your iPad to make sure iCloud is turned on and working.

7. RhysN1ch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.

I found that it was a problem with the internet connection in my office - we're using a temporary hotspot while getting a new office build-out and its problematic. I've got my data, thanks for you kind help!