Moving scanned images in Acrobat Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dal123, May 2, 2010.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

My annual accounts are due and I'm scanning all of my receipts :eek:. I have obviously put in scanner so they tessellate and fit neatly; only I keep coming across some that are in-correct in their dates (I've arranged the folders by months).
    I scan the mentioned receipt/receipts then I want to move them so they fit into a page with space and tessellate with the others (wasteful and not an option to have pages with only one receipt).
    Already tried using the 'touch up object tool' to try to move it; which looks like will work but image is behind/ disappears. It has gotta be possible to move things onto a page, does not have capabilites/ made for purpose of photoshop but only want to move something onto a page-not unreasonable request :(.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What makes you think that? PDF is not an object-oriented graphics format. Manipulating individual elements of PDF files is a royal pain even in cases where it is possible. In cases where it is possible, it is a kludge.

Suggestion:
    • Acquire a vector graphics app that allows the import of PDF--and better yet, TIFF and JPEG.
    • Scan each receipt individually as TIFF, JPEG, or [if you insist] PDF.
    • Import them into your graphics app.
    • Arrange them 'til your heat's content.

3. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for your input on this Mister Me. I was previously saving as TIFF's but the annual accounts would be about a GB doing it in TIFF's, and a bit slower to work on.
    I've found saving them as a PDF (about 100KB), some difference there; amazed and quite happy with saving as PDF's. I've printed one or two out to check their clarity and they came out excellent :D.
    I can see that PDF's are not for this purpose and will edit them in Illustrator or Photoshop.
    Regards :)