Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktalebian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hi there
I wanted to move one of my screens to one of the Spaces. I looked online and on Apple's site it says that if I drag it, it should automatically change screen. I have Spaces enabled, but that does not happen for me. To change Space, I need to use ctr+arrow, and I cannot actually move the screens around.

Thanks

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Hi there
I wanted to move one of my screens to one of the Spaces. I looked online and on Apple's site it says that if I drag it, it should automatically change screen. I have Spaces enabled, but that does not happen for me. To change Space, I need to use ctr+arrow, and I cannot actually move the screens around.

Thanks

screens? Do you mean that you have a second monitor? Or are you trying to move a window from an application from one space to another?

You can hit F8 followed by F9, and then can drag the window from one space to another, or if you drag the window to the edge of your screen, hold it there with your cursor right against the screen edge, it will jump the space in that direction.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
Apple's site is actually mean you click and drag it to the edge of the desktop, and it'll move it.

All previous poster's answers are good too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.