All iPads Moving SIM iPad Mini 1 to Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaddleSC, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SaddleSC macrumors member

I am sure this is an easy question to answer, but I was wondering…

I currently own a first generation Mini with Verizon LTE. I have recently ordered a new Air that also has Verizon LTE.

I only want to have one Verizon account (which is currently setup on my Mini). Would I be able to simply move the SIM from my first generation Mini right into the Air when it arrives? Is that the best way to move the account?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yep. Just swap the SIM.

3. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I'll be doing the same; EE sim from my mini to iPad Air (when it finally arrives...).

4. outie2k macrumors regular

I don't know about Verizon, but for AT&T and T-mobile, you do not need to swap SIM. You just go through the Cellular setup wizard on the iPad and it should ask for your existing login. After you put in your existing login you should be good to go. At this time your old iPad's SIM will get deactivated.

5. bwapod macrumors member

I tried this going from a verizon ipad 3 to a verizon ipad air... Short story: I could USE the old verizon sim, but could not access the account management screen. I tried a plethora of menu/account settings, to no avail. I ended up canceling the old sim (via the ipad 3) and activating the new sim in the Air.

I also know first hand that moving SIM cards between iPads is much easier with AT&T and T-mobile. Verizon seems to be a very "special" type of headache.

6. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I just swited the sim on my ATT mini to the retina att mini and nothing more needed, it worked.