Moving the cursor is hit and miss. Are there any other options?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Big Byte, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Big Byte macrumors regular

I have a 3GS. I know I can touch the screen to position the cursor, but it's hit and miss like this. Is there the equivalent of the arrow buttons on a keyboard to move the cursor? I know I can use the backspace button, but that erases words, which is what I don't want to do.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, that's just how it is. I have a hell of a time using my iPhone to write responses/posts in MacRumors, especially when the post I'm responding too is long or I need to edit a long post.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Touch and hold on the screen until a magnified view of the text appears (1-2 seconds). Then move the finger you are still holding down around. You can now accurately place the text insertion caret.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, but try to do that when something is long and goes past the bottom of the screen. Supposedly you can get the text to scroll using two fingers, but it doesn't work so well. My issues are mainly with posting in MR though. In email I don't think it's much of a problem, but I'm usually posting a new message and not having to edit or anything.

5. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

aggie, I appreciate your frustration, but robbieduncan's advise is helpful. Thanks!