Moving to 10.7.4

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by summitRun, Jun 19, 2012.

1. summitRun macrumors regular

I have an 11" 2011 MBA that is still running 10.7.0. I haven't updated primarily because I don't have access to a super fast internet connection and also because well the thing runs flawlessly as is.

I am going to be at someone's office later today that has a T1 connection and thinking I should take advantage. I know I need the client combo but SU shows the "update combined" at 1.51 gb vs the direct download from Apple at 1.4 gb. Is there something special about the SU version for MBA users? I would prefer to just download the 1.4 gb version to my desktop so at least I will have it and can install at my leisure. Also, I noticed a lot of people on this board seem to to indicate less headaches, faster speeds etc with the direct download approach. My time in this office may be limited and I dont want to get caught having to leave while SU is in progress. Appreciate your thoughts...

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ever heard of McDonalds?

(I am of course assuming you are in the U.S. If you are not, I sincerely apologize for the sarcastic remark.)

3. summitRun thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, thats a real secure network.

But thanks for your insightful response...very helpful

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Secure network? For what? You'e just downloading an update to your OS. It's not like you are transacting banking business.

5. rygamble macrumors regular

I loled.