Moving to Amsterdam - Apple questions!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ninethirty, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Hey Everyone

I'm moving to Amsterdam in January and wondering if I should sell my Apple TV, Time Capsule and Macbook Pro and re-buy those products there because of voltage differences or will purchasing new power cables for all of those products solve my problem? Ideally I'd love to keep my Apple stuff I already own and just change the cable, but if anyone has experience iwth this and knows for sure if it will work or not, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Macbook Pro is fine. You just need the standard euro power plug for your existing power supply.

The others are probably the same way. Look on them, where it has the voltage requirement listed. If it says "100 - 240 V AC" then you're fine. It'll work on any mains power worldwide.

The :apple:TV though may have a different problem. If it is NTSC-only, it wont work with the PAL TVs in the Netherlands.

3. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Don't know about the other stuff but every Mac laptop I've owned had a power supply that accepted a huge range of worldwide voltages. For the laptop you will probably only need a plug converter, not a voltage converter. A plug converter is all I needed traveling all over Italy and Greece.

It should be a straightforward thing to look on the web and see what voltage is standard in the Netherlands and check the voltage label on your devices to see if you need a voltage converter or just a plug converter.