Moving to Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by br.avery, Dec 29, 2010.

1. br.avery macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 that I bought when I upgraded my AT&T plan. I live in Texas right now and I'm moving to Vancouver, Canada in 3 weeks. I wanted to know if anyone has brought their iPhone over to Canada and bought a prepaid sim card from Rogers and used it in their iPhone.. Are there any problems with that? How does it work? Can you buy prepaid data? This is all new to me so I don't know which option to choose. I think prepaid would be my best option because I plan on traveling a lot. Please let me know what you think. Hopefully, I didn't sound too much like an idiot :p

2. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Aren't US purchased iphones locked to ATT? You might need to Jailbreak and unlock your device to use it in Canada, with Rogers or whoeverelse is iphone compaible, like Bell or Fido.

3. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I think your best bet would be to sell your current iPhone on eBay or craigslist and then buy an unlocked one directly from apple in canada.

Or you could sell your current phone and sign a new contract in canda to get a subsidized iPhone.

4. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Congrats on moving to Vancouver, Canada. Many business and lifestyle magazines consistently rate it in the top three cities to live in every year. Winters can be rainy but other than that it's awesome. Feel free to smoke a doobie in front of the police. It's morally legal :D

5. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

+1

6. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

3 year contract for a subsidized phone. Best bet is to buy an unlocked one directly from Apple.