Moving to Florida How is AT&T Service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Looking to head towards FL down on the West Coast near Tampa, but looking at Orlando or possibly Cape Coral, so how is the service for AT&T there?

2. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

we lived in orlando for 5 years. Had verizon going down there, but then got att for the last 2 years i was there. Att was better down there for me

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I live in the Tampa area and haven't had any problems with voice or data.

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I'm down in SE Florida and AT&T works great... This weekend we went to a friends wedding on the west coast of Florida, Anna Marie Island to be exact, it's near St. Pete and the AT&T reception worked without a hitch and reception on the island is spotty to begin with..

I'd venture to say you could go with either or...

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

ATT in Central FL works great. 3G coverage all over and very few dropped calls.

6. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

Ditto

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

Tampa down to Naples is solid Att coverage. I live on Orlando and Att coverage is awesome.

Gotta remember Bell South/Cingular's strong hold is in the South originally so ATT's GSM coverage is as superior to any other carrier.

Data Speeds do suck around the Miami area.

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

they're not THAT bad....

9. Sean006 macrumors 6502

im in the tampa / st pete area also...
    ive used in all over the state and its pretty flawless..with one exception...

the Keys.... coverage is horrble...Key west forget about.....

10. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i reside part time in clearwater and have no issues there at all commuting between there and citrus park and westchase.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Coming from a fast non-HSDPA area (not 7.2mbps backhaul yet) Miami is pathetic speed wise. Sorry. It was awful when I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle earlier this year. It may as well have been EDGE where I live. Seriously.

12. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I live in NE Florida and I have no issues here. We also took a recent trip down to Tampa/St. Pete area and I had complete coverage there as well.

I am sure there are always trouble spots here and there, but for the most part I think you'd be happy.

13. Tarpon65 macrumors newbie

I'll second this. I travel this entire area for work, and with the exception of 30-40 miles east of the interstate (I-75), out in cow pastures, I get excellent coverage.

14. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I wasn't in Miami much but I never had a problem with data speed or signal (data or call) when I lived in Palm Beach County (and spent quite a bit of time in Broward).

15. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

I live in Jax and the service is super. I average about 2.5 down and 1.5 up vs. Verizon average of .90 down and .50 up. My job requires me travel all over the state and I can tell you with confidence that ATT rocks in Florida. I plug in my iPhone 4 to my car stereo and watch/listen to Netflix up and down I95, I75 and I4 with no problems.

16. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Ummm....can you PM me when you head out on a road trip so I can stay home? :p

17. mpossoff macrumors 68020

We are heading down to Tampa/Clearwater in a couple of weeks for Spring Training and glad to hear ATT has solid coverage. I'll be using the gps to get around to the stadiums too.

18. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I looked at AT&T's link already, but there is no better answer then to get it from the folks who already live there, it is one thing to look at a Map and see they offer coverage, however I wanted hands on facts, and that is what I was looking for but thanks.

19. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I had good service from AT&T while traveling in Miami and Orlando.