Moving to Germany. What plan do you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nukiduz, Jan 24, 2011.

1. nukiduz macrumors 6502

nukiduz

Hello everybody. I am moving to Germany in a couple of months and I wonder what data plan do you, german iPhone owners, use. I don't call a lot and use no more than 300mb data per month. What would be my best choice? Thanks!

2. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

I will try my best to help :)
    I have been to germany loads of times, as I have family out there.
    From what I can remember the networks that carry the iPhone are 02 de, Vodafone de, Tmobile, i think E-Plus may..
    To be honest i'm not 100% on what their plans are, but I would have thought they wouldn't be to different from the plans here in the UK.
    Check out their websites, you just need to put .de instead of co.uk
    for example www.vodafone.de

What part of Germany are you going to if you don't mind me asking? :)

Good Luck!
    Kris

3. CapitalTee macrumors newbie

The best networks (in order) are:
    Vodafone, O2, Telekom, Base

Vodafone and Telekom are more expensive than O2 and Base.
    Stay away from Base or any other carrier that uses the "E"-Network since it's very unreliable on calls and texts and sloooow on Data.

I recommed and personally use O2 which has very fast data and is very reliable. They have a very interesting plan called "O2o" where you pay I think 19c per minute and text until you reach a limit of 40€. That means that your bill will never be higher than 40€, even if you phone 24/7 and send a million texts. But if you make say 5 calls and send 5 texts you will only pay 1.90€ :).

I think the O2 carrier is by far the best choice for price/value.

4. nukiduz thread starter macrumors 6502

nukiduz

thanks both! :D
    I have checked O2's page and it looks the best value for the price. I'm moving to Berlin, btw (only 1 month left!).