Moving to Germany with my at&t 3GS...need some advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by therealkaizoku, Feb 11, 2010.

1. therealkaizoku macrumors newbie

Here's the deal:

I currently have a 3GS that is JB/UL with Blackra1n/Blacksn0w.
    I'm moving to Germany in about 4 weeks, and plan on taking my phone with me and using it with a pre-paid SIM from Tchibo once I get over there, and using my 3GS until the 4th Gen iPhone is released.

The hotel I will be staying at until I find an apartment charges a ridiculous amount for their wi-fi access, so I'd like to use my iPhone to tether with my MBP.

I've done some searching, and all of the tethering guides seem to be meant for those on at&t.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what I need to do/which apps to install/settings to change etc. to make this work?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Search for the particular companys apn settings online or ask their customer support.

3. therealkaizoku thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got the APN settings...and the unlockit.co.nz site bookmarked for when I find an open wi-fi connection after I get over there.

What do I need to do beyond that? Anything specifically for enabling tethering using those APN settings?

4. therealkaizoku thread starter macrumors newbie

So once I get the Tchibo APN settings installed, in theory all I should need to do is to follow the Cydia/benm method in the FAQ, right?

I'm on 3.1.2 if that makes any difference.