Moving to iPhone from Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tarken, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Tarken macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I got my first Apple computer about six to eight months ago and I thought it might be good to switch my phone as well. Just be part of one ecosystem rather than two. I do have a question that I am hoping this lovely community could help me with.

On my Android device I use one app ALL THE TIME called Airdroid. It allows me to essentially use my phone from a browser. Like this... https://db.tt/AUj6taMH

I use this to respond to SMS or listen to music through my phone over my wireless at work. Is there a way to do this? I am especially thinking about SMS or iMessage. I use a PC at work so hopefully it would work on that. I am not sure it is a deal breaker, but my new iPhone 6s+ shows up in about a week.

Thanks for all your time,

Tark

2. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Well... you can use Messages to send and receive SMS and iMessages from your iPhone on your Mac. Not sure what you mean by "listen to music over wireless."

3. Tarken thread starter macrumors newbie

AirDroid allows you to stream music off of your phone to your computer speakers over wireless. Also, I was hoping to be able to use iMessage on a work PC, but that looks like it might not be possible.

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

It's not.
    Still, give yourself time and see what you like best - you have 14 days to return it :rolleyes:

FWIW - I am using a 6S Plus and Note 5 side by side - best/worst of both worlds :cool:

5. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

You can do the reverse, i.e. play music from iTunes on PC to your iPhone!

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Use Google Play Music to upload your music library and you can then stream it from a browser.