Moving to iPhone4 or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JennyFost89, Dec 13, 2010.

1. JennyFost89 macrumors newbie

JennyFost89

I need your opinions guys (and girls? :D).

I am an iPhone user since July 2008.
    I owned a 3g first and 3Gs then and I can say this is my longer period with a phone (I consider 3G and 3Gs same phone to some extent).

I have now the option with my provider to upgrade to iPhone 4 or to something else (probably a Nokia. Won't move to WinMobile or other crappy stuff).

What I really dislike is:
    1. the battery life: OK, you get used to it, you get used to carrying your power adapter along wherever you go but... read following item
    2. the antenna performance: I recently moved to UK from US and antenna performance dropped significantly. This means the phone keeps searching for a decent signal and battery drains quicker than normal (which is quicker enough).
      I can't even blame my provider. My house-mate and I have same UK provider but different phones and it is so frustrating when she speaks on the phone while I am begging for a trace of signal!

What's your suggestion?
    I know the 4 can be even worse in terms of the antenna performance, but what about the battery?

I am seriously thinking to move to a Nokia.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

2. JennyFost89 thread starter macrumors newbie

JennyFost89

Guys, one response at a time.
    I can't catch you up! :D

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nokia? What is this 1990?:D
    Battery life has improved on the i4 since previous models and you know iOS is top notch.

4. fortunecookie macrumors regular

fortunecookie

Make the wise move of getting an iPhone4 a lot of people did and like me, they couldnt be happier! :)

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can do so many more things with an iPhone 4 then you can with a Nokia.