Moving to iPhone4 or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JennyFost89, Dec 13, 2010.

1. JennyFost89 macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2010
    I need your opinions guys (and girls? :D).

I am an iPhone user since July 2008.
    I owned a 3g first and 3Gs then and I can say this is my longer period with a phone (I consider 3G and 3Gs same phone to some extent).

I have now the option with my provider to upgrade to iPhone 4 or to something else (probably a Nokia. Won't move to WinMobile or other crappy stuff).

What I really dislike is:
    1. the battery life: OK, you get used to it, you get used to carrying your power adapter along wherever you go but... read following item
    2. the antenna performance: I recently moved to UK from US and antenna performance dropped significantly. This means the phone keeps searching for a decent signal and battery drains quicker than normal (which is quicker enough).
      I can't even blame my provider. My house-mate and I have same UK provider but different phones and it is so frustrating when she speaks on the phone while I am begging for a trace of signal!

What's your suggestion?
    I know the 4 can be even worse in terms of the antenna performance, but what about the battery?

I am seriously thinking to move to a Nokia.

Any suggestion?

2. JennyFost89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2010
    Guys, one response at a time.
    I can't catch you up! :D
  3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Nokia? What is this 1990?:D
    Battery life has improved on the i4 since previous models and you know iOS is top notch.
  4. fortunecookie macrumors regular

Dec 3, 2010
    Make the wise move of getting an iPhone4 a lot of people did and like me, they couldnt be happier! :)
  5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    You can do so many more things with an iPhone 4 then you can with a Nokia.