Moving to Lion, help with iWeb transition

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by thecounthahaha, Jul 2, 2012.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm getting a new mac, which will force me onto Lion, but I still want to be able to use iWeb. I host through an ftp server so Mobile me is not an issue I believe. Can anyone help tell me if any of the following is true/possible?

1. Through migration assistant, onto my new lion machine from my snow leopard one, can I transfer my apps to have a working iWeb on Lion?

2. I have both the Leopard install disk that came with my laptop, and the snow leopard one. Is iLife 09 (inc iWeb and iDVD) on them so I can reinstall onto Lion?

3. I have an additional copy of iWeb that Apple briefly put on their website for free as a dmg when they stopped iWeb. (Someone posted the link on here, but I can't find it now...) Will this install iWeb on Lion?

4. I have a firewire 800 clone of my snow leopard machine. If I plug this into my Lion machine, will it boot to my old system?

I'd really like to keep iWeb for just a little bit longer. I don't have time at the moment to migrate to wordpress or something but am imminently getting a new machine. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks very much!

2. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

As long as you can get iWeb installed onto your machine the transition of data itself is fine (Library/Application Support/iWeb/domains).

I used the iLife '11 install DVD which installed iWeb for me, but I believe the download version will work as well.

The Migration Assistant should transfer your apps across, so I'd imagine that's the best place to start.