Moving to Mac soon, how to transfer music?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Tragedies, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I'm moving to an iMac from a PC in late October after Leopard comes out, and one of the things I worry about is how to transfer music from my PC to my Mac.

I looked into Support on the Apple website and it says I should back it up onto an external hard drive, but I don't have one. Is there anyway I can somehow put the music onto my Mac from my PC without using an external hard drive?

Please help, thanks =D

2. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

archive it all to DVDs or CDs then, or you can Network your new mac with your pc via ethernet and transfer it all accross, or if you have an ipod drag all of your music onto it manually in disk mode, then drag it all off while its connected to your mac...

i would go with the ipod idea, if you dont have one though just network them, i just recently did that with my mac and pc just to do it and its quite easy and would be an effective way to transfer all of your music to your mac...

3. nchu429 macrumors newbie

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Networking is really the easiest and fastest, provided you have access to both machines at the same time, and Windows doesn't give you any weird trouble trying to enable file sharing.