Moving to Sprint from VZ or AT&T ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjoshi123, Oct 11, 2011.

?

How are you getting iPhone on Sprint ?

1. Moving from VZ to Sprint

12.5%
  2. Moving from AT&T to Sprint

25.0%
  3. Already on Sprint

43.8%
  4. Moving out of Sprint to get iPhone

18.8%
  1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

How many people here are moving to Sprint to take advantage of their better value plans compared to other 2 carriers ?

2. wutang61 macrumors regular

for the 100-200 bucks a year you will save, i would just stick to att. they are the best choice currently for iphone users.

now that i went ahead and started fanboying att ill tell you why. voice and data at the same time. also sprint's 3g speed is horrible.

you get what you pay for i guess.

3. gouda272 macrumors regular

The fact that AT&T is the only ones with simulaneous voice and data is what will keep me with AT&T until someone else can do that same.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Don't make the mistake of confusing "Cheaper" with "Better Value".

5. takeshi74, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Best is always highly subjective and it's no different with carriers and iPhones. Voice & data aren't a must-have for everyone. Don't assume that your preferences are universal. Others can and do have different priorities whether or not you agree or understand. There's nothing wrong with being a fan but being a fanboy who is blinded to the notion is just extreme tunnel vision.

Don't mistake subjective opinion with fact. If a carrier meets a person's needs then they can certainly be better value whether you find them to be better value or not.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Left sprint in 2005, and never looked back. Went with AT&T to get the Motorola RZR and the iPhone came out in 2007. Best move I ever made...:cool:

7. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Do you understand fact that all coverages are local, if you are getting good coverage where you will be using your phone from whatever carrier you are on then that is best carrier for you, Irrespective of their claims of biggest and fastest network. I just want to see how many people in current economic hard times are willing to make that switch. If you are on Family plan you will pay extra $40 to $50 per line for data - with 3 lines that could add upto lot more than 100-200 bucks a year.

8. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

why would people go to a ****** network like sprint. they cant even handle their 4g load how will they handle the iphone

9. Greg M macrumors 6502

I am switching from T-Mobile. I compared the pricing of all three for a family plan of 4 iPhones. Sprint was a good bit cheaper then AT&T and FAR cheaper than Verizon (well over $1000 per year). Compare apples to apples people.

Sprint signal is good in my area and if I'm not using my iPhone for hotspot then what on the iPhone really needs speeds more than 3g? This isn't my primary internet connection and if something large needs to be put on my iPhone while I'm out then there's a McDonalds on every corner.

However, unlimited is unlimited.

10. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

mind to share some data on that front please ? Last couple of Engadget coverages that I've seen of major media events - including Apple iphone4 unveiling most of time people were using Sprint Network as they could not get thru AT&T. So to make a blanket statement is not helping your cause.

11. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

Recently left Sprint for AT&T. When I found out that AT&T also has the $20 unlimited text message w/ unlimited mobile calling to ANY mobile feature, I did a :eek: and signed up. Best feature ever, for me.

With Sprint I had the $69.99 plan for 450 minutes + unlim data and text + any mobile calling + $10 BS 4G fee, for a total of $79.99 a month.

I have the same features for AT&T except my data is 2gb, and the monthly price is only $5 more than Sprint. In my history with smartphones I've never gone over 2gb of data so I don't care about the cap. I don't consider $5 a month a huge enough "value" to stay with Sprint, happy w/ AT&T.

12. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

that is correct but if you've family plan it costs lot more on other carriers, I've 3 smartphones from Sprint on Family plan and my monthly bill is $124 for 1500 minutes + unlimited data & text + Free calls to any mobile + n&w starts from 7:00 PM. If I need to get same from AT&T or Verizon I'll be paying nearly $180-$200